Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

My children loves  the karaokee(magic sing) that I bought from the Philipines 5 years ago.Sometimes,me and bunso were the back up dancers while kuya is singing.And of course our show is not complete without the little boy singing his all time  favorite song Twinkle Twinkle.He is also obsessesd with the score that he will get at the end of the song.Funny thing is ,he was really trying to read it by himself .Last week,after he sung ,he excitedly said,"look kuya ,I got 36" .We bought laughed out loud ,because the screen says"06". Then he sing again for the second time and this time I have the camera ready for him and the score. He's kuya asked him what did he get after the song.He answered "it's zero" .He read it right this time .I'm so proud of him.



The English lyrics were first published as a poem with the title "The Star" by sisters Ann and Jane Taylor (1783–1824) in Rhymes for the Nursery in London in 1806.

     Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
     How I wonder what you are.
     Up above the world so high,
     Like a diamond in the sky.

     When the blazing sun is gone,
     When he nothing shines upon,
     Then you show your little light,
     Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

     Then the traveller in the dark,
     Thanks you for your tiny spark,
     He could not see which way to go,
     If you did not twinkle so.

     In the dark blue sky you keep,
     And often through my curtains peep,
     For you never shut your eye,
     Till the sun is in the sky.

     As your bright and tiny spark,
     Lights the traveller in the dark.
     Though I know not what you are,
     Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

     Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
     How I wonder what you are.
     Up above the world so high,
     Like a diamond in the sky.

     Twinkle, twinkle, little star.
     How I wonder what you are.

     How I wonder what you are.

18 comments:

  1. "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" is one of the favorite nursery rhymes of my hyperactive grandchildren. Same with your bunso, they keep on requesting this once we start singing in videoke... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh nostalgia! I still remember this since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha. So funny. I can imagine his facing while saying "It's Zero!" At least he knows how to read numbers. right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's something wrong with the scoring.. O_O it might be defective..

    ReplyDelete
  5. reminds me of my 8 month old niece. I always talk to her on skype and she already knows how to clap, flying kiss, count with her fingers (not really counting but a gesture) and beautiful eyes.. Ahhh children, they are our Twinkle Stars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my favorite nursery rhyme! I love singing it! Ha ha ha! You baby boy is very cute! I can imagine him trying to read his score.

    http://travel-on-a-shoe-string.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha..a video to keep!! He'll be laughing out loud too when you let him watch the video maybe 5 years from now! very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha reminds me of my little sister, she's 4.. she loves singing and dancing and i have video collection of her moves.. hehehe love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nice .. i like this ever ! now, i wonder where you are, and thanks how your tiny spark, like a diamond in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your son looks adorable! And yeah, it's really one of the kids' favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that song in our videoke machine as long as you shout you get 100

    ReplyDelete
  12. And the song has the same tune as ABC as well. Which one do you think came first?

    ReplyDelete
  13. waaaaaaaah!!! you're such a sweet mom to your kids... sumasabay sa mga anak -- minsan nlng kasi ako nakakakita ng mga ganyang klaseng parents ngayon..mostly, parents are busy working...

    great post here Sis Tess! :D

    ~gagay~

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is also my son's favorite nursery rhyme. =) pero bulol pa rin, di mapronounce ng maayos ang twinkle. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. one of my niece's favorites on videoke! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Twinkle Twinkle really is a favorite among kids. I sing this to my little cousins complete with actions and I end up having to sing it over and over again because they love it. Hahaha :D Love the magic sing too and would also obsess over the scores! Hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Guwapo nung bunso, Ms Tess. Sana me voice file! hehe. I’ll nominate you for the Versatile Blogger Award nga pala although I’m sure Jube has probably told you about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute! ^^ I wish my godchild would actually sing, pero he's more interested in breaking the microphone.. >.<

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!