Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Parenting: A Never-Ending Responsibility



What is a parent? Everyone have their own definition or understanding of what a parent is or should be. Our meaning to it largely depends on our own beliefs, orientation or sometimes our own experiences in life. Even our society or the media in particular would try to instill in us their own definition of a parent. Because of this, the definition of parent has become somewhat tainted and obscured.

Parenting is not just about the feeding of the child and providing of their basic needs; it is all about addressing the totality of the child’s being. From the moment a child is conceived and brought into this world, its whole existence and future is solely dependent upon the parent. What becomes of the child depends on the parents. This is how crucial and decisive a parent’s role is in the life of their child. This may sound a little terrifying but being a parent is not an easy task. It is actually, a never-ending responsibility. 

One can never prepare him or herself enough to become a parent. It is something that can never be fully anticipated or planned until the moment that a person becomes one.  Learning to be completely dedicated and selfless is the solution to carry out the responsibility well. Once this principle is completely understood and embraced by the individual, then he or she has now come to understand the true definition of being a parent. 

So what is a parent? A parent is someone who is given a very special and tremendous responsibility, the responsibility of molding and shaping a life that God has entrusted him. Giving unconditional love to our child is the key to attaining this.

Parenting is probably the most difficult and yet, most rewarding responsibility a person will ever have. We can never be perfect parents as no one is perfect. What we can strive for is to be the best parent to our child. 

22 comments:

  1. i agree that parent is the hardest job in the world but I personally enjoys a lot with good timing and organizing things. i am trully enjoying it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parents will always care for their kids whether they are still babies, toddlers, children, teenagers and even adults.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree parenting is a never ending but one of the best responsibilities you can carry with you. A responsible parent produce responsible adults that in turn become responsible parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parenting is a hard subject that gives unending lessons to mankind. When people turn to become parents on their own, that's the time they would really appreciate how their parents raised them and molded them to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to be a mom and become a parent, I love to raise my children with unconditional love like how my mom raised me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with you .. being a parent is not just being able to put a child in this world. Nourishment is not limited to feeding but a parent has to nourish and mold the personality of the child preparing him or her to becvome a productive part of the society.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't agree more. I lost my dad to brain aneurysm when I was 11, yet he was the best father. He took care of me and my brother despite being a single parent. He owed up to the responsibility, that despite having imperfections, he still loved us the best way possible. That to me was great parenting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a parent is the hardest job one can handle yet the most rewarding of all. Being one doesn't end as long as you live.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I wouldn't realize this until I become a parent. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I certainly look forward to become a parent someday, this one's inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being a parent gives one the extraordinary opportunity to be part of molding the life of another.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you will ask a Math teacher , what is a parent. you will get this answer, Parent= 2a+2b+3c= Infinity. Yan, walang hangganan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very true! there's is nothing more noble than being a parent. all the responsibilities lies onto you being the parent. and when you become a parent yourself,you will understand more what have your parents sacrificed for you. sounds cliche but true.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never understood how difficult yet rewarding it is to be a parent until I became one. Your post said it all. I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. 24-7 job! We are blessed to be given this opportunity, responsibility and accountability to mold our children. Let's just have the courage, spirit and love and I'm sure we'll do it well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Since I am still single, I don't have anything to say about parenting since I have no experience yet. But as what I see with my parents, I do believe that parenting isn't an easy thing to do. I am really proud of my parents for having raised me and my brothers very well. Also, I salute all the parents out there who do their best and sacrifice anything for the sake of their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the most rewarding and yet penniless job you could ever get. I love being a parent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree! Parenting is a lifetime job and your always been a parent until the day of death. i think this is a matter of how you being one. There are a lot of parents out there who had not been doing what they supposed to do which is very sad. Therefore, i always thankful for having kids and being a parent is a gift from God that we have to cherish forever despite the fact the sometimes parenting is tiring and challenging but this is part of life. We just have to deal with it just to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  19. agree with you mom, parenting is never ending as well as the hardest job in the world

    ReplyDelete
  20. When I decided to become a parent, along with the decision was the commitment that I will be endlessly loving my offspring. Sure enough, the love is there, even if it feels tiring and frustrating at times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Agreed. Kids wont really appreciate this at first but as soon as they grow up, they will realize all the sacrifices their parents did for them. I just hope it wont be too late.

    ReplyDelete
  22. when my parents separated, I told myself when I will have my own kids someday, I will do all my best to become the best parent or at least a responsible parent for them....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are highly appreciated. Thank you!