photo by: Nur Emir
How do you know when the relationship is in trouble? Do we need help to save it or just say goodbye and walk away? Some couples wait too long to ask for help. They were hoping that the relationship can be repair and strengthened if they give it a time and consideration too long until it is already beyond repair. The sooner we sought for help the better chance of recovering. The longer we wait, the chance and hope for a change is lost. At a certain point we don't even want change anymore. We just want it to be done and get a new life.
2. Fighting has been a part of your life. There are always reasons to hurt each others feeling as the days pass by.
3. No more attraction. You even can't remember what attracted you to your partner. The thought that he/she was the most amazing man/woman you have ever met was gone.
4. You spend little time with each other. You feel better with other people. Friends are more important than going out with your partner.
5. There is a feeling that the relationship is over but you don't know where to go or how to start all over again.
6. You feel lonely even if he is around trying to make you happy. You don't care about how much he tries to make you happy anymore.
7. You find comfort, understanding and care to other people.
8. You don't want to talk about your plans and thoughts with him.
9. You hate to see his/her face or even hear the once sweetest voice you ever heard in your entire life.
10. You lost interest with his activities.
11. When you no longer worry where your partner's at.
So before you reach the critical point or something more drastic things happen such as physical and or verbal abuse, look at the warning signs and do something before it's too late. Talk to a religious adviser or a leader of your church. Seek a marriage counselor or a psychotherapy. Someone who has a Christian counseling degree may be able to help you. Reading books will help too. Without help, the relationship will not get better and might become worse. Take immediate action to save the relationship and if all things done and nothing has changed then that is the time to walk away and say goodbye.